1 bol de perejil picado.
2 cebollas ralladas.
1/2 bol de apio picado.
2 bols de garbanzos mojados una noche antes.
1/2 kg de huesos de ternera .
2 cucharitas de sal.
2 cucharitas de jengibre
1,5 cucharita de pimienta.
1,5 cucharita de cúrcuma.
3 cucharadas de aceite.
1 cucharita de mantequilla salada .
3 pastillas de caldo de ternera o de cordero.
- 400g Halal lamb shoulder, cut into small pieces
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped quite small, but not too finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1 red and 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- 1.5 litres Halal vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls red lentils
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- To serve
- lemon juice
- handful roughly chopped fresh mint
- handful of coriander leaves
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the lamb for a few minutes on each side to brown. Remove the meat from the pan and with a slotted spoon and add the onion, garlic, and chopped chillis and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes until the onions are softened, but not browned.
Stir in the ground spices and cook for another minute, then stir in the tomato puree, stock, tomatoes and lentils. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 45 minutes, after which add the chickpeas and simmer for another 15 minutes.
Before serving stir the lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon should do, but add as much or a little to taste) into the soup and season. Spoon into bowls and top with the fresh herbs